If you’re looking to replace an old concrete floor and need a low-cost solution, epoxy flooring is a great choice. It’s durable and will last for years. Many industrial and commercial buildings use epoxy flooring to maintain clean and safe working conditions. There are many advantages to choosing epoxy flooring for your home or business.
What Is Epoxy Flooring?
Epoxy is the combination of polymer resins and a hardening chemical creates a stiff plastic material that bonds well to flooring. Epoxy flooring consists of multiple layers of epoxy material that is applied to a floor, typically used on concrete floors.
Epoxy is chemically different than regular floor paints, even those made specifically for concrete surfaces. The floor must be smoothed and prepped before applying the epoxy compound. The compound is poured onto the floor and allowed to harden before a second or third layer is applied. If it is less than two millimeters thick, then it is referred to as an epoxy floor coating.
A shiny high-gloss surface is created that increases the brightness in a space. Epoxy is a great solution for in high traffic areas found in residential, commercial, and industrial spaces. Such areas include:
- Residential: Basements, garages, workspaces
- Commercial: Hospitals, auto shops, retail stores, commercial kitchens, showrooms
- Industrial: Warehouses, machine shops, factories
Why You Should Choose Epoxy Flooring
Homeowners, business owners, and facilities managers invest in epoxy flooring for the many good reasons.
1. Affordable. The costs of materials and installation are low, making epoxy floors a good investment. The ROI is also high, considering how long epoxy flooring lasts and the protection it offers.
2. Stain Resistant. Chemicals and liquids are easy to clean up if spilled onto epoxy flooring because of its glossy surface. Epoxy flooring is frequently used in garages, commercial kitchens, and auto shops. Motor oil, vehicular traffic, hot grease from the food prep area, automotive fluids, and harsh cleansers will not have any negative effect on the floor.
Epoxy flooring is also heat- and water-resistant. Hospitals choose epoxy flooring due to their resistance to bacteria and germs. They are easy to clean and sanitize.
3. Durable. One of the most long-lasting flooring options, epoxy flooring’s extremely hard surface makes it more durable than other types of flooring. Its strength can handle the daily wear and tear in high traffic areas. Epoxy flooring can last for decades without cracking and peeling. It protects the concrete underneath it from stains and seals it from moisture.
4. Appearance. A smooth and even surface is what you get with epoxy floors. They give a professional appearance along with a flawless shine. Epoxy flooring is easy to sweep and maintain. Proper maintenance will keep epoxy floors looking beautiful for years.
5. Decorative Options. A variety of colors, patterns, and designs can be used with epoxy flooring. It’s a cost-effective way to update a commercial building or even a residential kitchen.
The Different Types of Epoxy Flooring
Epoxy is a versatile chemical that can be customized for any space. Whether it’s used in industrial spaces or the atrium at a high-end mall, an epoxy floor can be created for a specific setting. Here are just a few types of epoxy flooring.
- Self-Leveling epoxy is applied over new, old, or damaged concrete floors to create a smooth finish. The result is a shiny look that comes in a variety of colors. These epoxy floors are typically used in sports and manufacturing facilities.
- Mortar Floors are ideal for spaces that can withstand great impact. This type of floors is made up of solid epoxies and quartz sand. You will find mortar floors in warehouses and commercial kitchens.
- Quartz-Filled epoxy flooring is made of epoxy resin and stained quartz grains. It is used for spaces that need germ and slip-resistant floors such as schools, cafeterias, medical facilities, and gym locker rooms.
- Anti-Static epoxy floors are designed to reduce any static hazards in buildings. They hold a conductive compound that accumulates static electricity to deter potential discharges. Anti-static epoxy floors are good for places that contain flammable materials like electronic and pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities.
- Epoxy Flake Floors contain colored flake materials in the epoxy mixture to create a unique style. The surface has subtle grooves to reduce slips and falls. Epoxy flake floors can be found in sports venues and showrooms.
Leave It to the Professionals
Ready to transform your home or business by applying epoxy to your floors? Battle Born Painting has the experience to ensure you get a smooth surface. We provide great service and superior workmanship.
REQUEST A QUOTE TODAY!
Our professional painters are excited to start working with you