The state of an employees’ workplace greatly influences their productivity, performance, and well-being. An unclean workplace can affect employee absenteeism due to illnesses that can spread from person to person.
A clean space makes the occupants feel safe, healthy, and more comfortable. Having your business professionally cleaned and sanitized can make all the difference in not only meeting company goals but exceeding them.
Why a Clean Workspace Is Important
Get a more productive workforce and happier customers with a clean and germ-free office.
A dusty, unsanitary workspace that is filled with unpleasant odors becomes a breeding ground for bacteria that can lead to illnesses and workplace injuries. A clean workplace ensures the safety and health of employees, clients, and visitors.
Here are a few reasons why a clean and sanitized workplace is essential to your business.
1. Better Performance and Productivity
Employees spend at least 8 hours per day at their place of employment. When the work environment is dirty and messy, it hinders work performance and makes being there less motivating.
Walking into a clean environment can give every worker a positive vibe to start the day. Employees will be more motivated to perform their assignments efficiently. They will also stay focused longer and have fewer distractions while working.
2. Improved Company Image
The way your company’s office looks is a direct reflection of how it operates. Making a first impression to potential clients may turn negative if they enter your business and the premises are dirty and unsanitary
A dirty office can tarnish a company’s reputation and cause customers to think twice about patronizing your business. Customers will want to come back to your store if it is sanitary, free from foul odors, and uncluttered. Keeping your workplace sanitized regularly lets clients and customers know you take your business and good service seriously. You’ll gain more respect and sales.
3. Occupational Safety
Occupational hazards can happen when employees work in a messy or cluttered environment. These hazards are often caused by neglect on the part of the employer. Keeping the workplace free of debris, dust, and germs lets your employees know that you care about their health and safety. Always consult a cleaning professional about what cleaning and sanitizing methods and products are best for your facility.
4. Good Health
A sanitized work environment improves the health and well-being of employees. Germs, bacteria, and disease thrive in a dirty environment. Hot spots in the office for germs include bathrooms, breakrooms, doorknobs, handles, sinks, telephones, and keyboards.
Employers may want to clean frequently to reduce the chance of illnesses spreading at work. Sanitizing your building can minimize employee sick leave usage. In addition to cold and flu-type health issues, messy or unhygienic workplaces may cause stress, anxiety, and other mental health issues. Using EPA-registered disinfectants and sanitizers can get rid of germs and bacteria.
5. Less Exposure to Hazardous Substances
You may not see dust and vapors, but these hazardous substances can create an unsafe work environment and respiratory issues. Regularly cleaning and sanitizing or replacing HVAC system filters prevents them from becoming saturated, which could lead to potential microbial growth and odor concerns.
What You Can Do to Achieve a Clean Workplace
Some facilities have a designated janitorial team to handle the day-to-day cleaning and sanitizing of their building. Even with these cleaning services in place, it will benefit most businesses to hire a professional to perform thorough sanitizing and disinfecting to eliminate all bacteria that cause serious illnesses, as with COVID-19.
It’s also important to introduce and encourage good sanitary practices that include:
- Routine Hand Washing – Encourage your employees to get into the habit of properly washing their hands, especially before eating and after using the restroom. Make sure your office is well-stocked with soap and hand sanitizer that are contained in hands-free dispensers. Display friendly reminders around the building to encourage proper hygiene.
- Allow Remote Working for Sick Employees – Remote work is a win-win situation for you and your employees that are not feeling well. You can keep the rest of your workforce protected from illness while the ill employee can still be productive and complete necessary work. That virtual collaboration is invaluable in today’s health crisis.
- Create a Routine Sanitizing Schedule – Whether combating spikes of the flu or a coronavirus outbreak, companies should prioritize workplace wellness by investing in professional cleaning and sanitizing services. Technicians are certified and efficient in cleaning and sanitizing an entire building.
Battle Born Painting can help you manage your business better by keeping your building free of germs and employees happy. Our professional cleaners are certified, properly trained, use safe and effective products, and always ensure complete satisfaction.
REQUEST A QUOTE TODAY!
Our professional painters are excited to start working with you